Sunday, September 23, 2007

Somebody Stop Me

I just signed up for the Secret of the Stole group. Every Friday, from October 4th to November 23rd, a new part of the pattern is sent to you, but you don't get to see the entire pattern at once or the finished stole. It's a secret...get it? I was green with envy when everyone and their brother was knitting the Mystery Stole 3 so I decided I have to do this. Plus the idea behind this is that you have a nice shawl to wear on Christmas and New Year's Eve. Plus I have just about all of my Christmas knitting done. And the yarn I picked isn't that expensive (and it's alpaca. We know how much I love alpaca). And I love stoles. They're my favorite (along with socks and hats and scarves...) And work sucks. And school is hard (okay, the learning part is cool. Trying not to roll my eyes at most of my classmates is hard). And except for the fact that I'm now just piling yarn in my room and there is very little walking space (highly overrated, in my opinion--I'll just roll around on the yarn piles), this project doesn't need much justification. But there it is, just in case. (Just in case the yarn police come by?)



I guess my way of dealing with the stress from school and work is to start more knitting projects, despite the non-existence of any free time whatsoever, which is going to shrink even more this week when I start my internship. Sigh.


Who cares? I'm getting a fancy magical mysterious stole!

1 comment:

Nautical Knitter said...

Welcome aboard the Secret of the Stole KAL. We are glad to have you. Let's see if we can help you with that ever growing stash.