Saturday, November 24, 2007

Gnome for the Holidays

Who doesn't love a needle-felted gnome, especially one who also resembles Old Saint Nick?



A couple of things I finished during the last couple of weeks and forgot to post:

Pattern: Single Cable Scarf from One Skein
Yarn: Blue Sky Alpacas Organic Cotton, 1 skein sage
Source: Patternworks
Needles: Crystal Palace Bamboo straights, US Size 9
Modifications: None
Pattern: Tweed Beret, Interweave Knits Winter 2006 (Size 19"; my head is actually 21" but
this fits great)
Yarn: Tahki Donegal Tweed, 1 skein
Needles: Susan Bates 16" circular, US Size 6; Aluminum DPNs, US Size 6
Modifications: None


Finally finished:




Pattern: Clessidra from Knitty Spring 2007
Yarn: KnitPicks Essential, 3 balls burgundy (I ordered four balls, since the yardage is almost the
same as the yarn the designer used, and despite adding a significant amount of stitches to
the calf to make it bigger, I didn't even touch the fourth ball)
Source: KnitPicks
Needles: 2 Addi Turbo 24" circular, US Size 1 (I used the two circular needles method)
Modifications: I added 12 stitches total to the calf to make it larger and then added more decreases to make up for it

I wore them on Thanksgiving and they were very toasty and pretty (if a bit slippery on the hardwood floors--one of the risks of handknit socks and klutzy tendencies)

And in non-knitting news, I present a picture of my made-from-scratch apple pie:


I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!
And now the holiday countdown begins:
6 Christmas presents to make
5 Final papers
4 clues to knit for the Secret of the Stole
3 weeks of classes
2 presentations
and a partridge in a pear tree
Not to mention I plan on watching Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas every day from now until December 25. Full speed ahead!

No comments: