Sunday, March 30, 2008

Cashmere Cables

...are the only thing that kept me from screaming when I woke up to snow on Friday morning. We are nearing the level of Greek-mythology-tortue here. I actually didn't even wear this scarf because although it is adorable I needed a heavy-duty woolen muffler to wear on the commute and in awful ice-cold rainy Boston.

Anyway, the Miranda Cable Scarf with a nice shot of the cables:



As a jaunty ascot, since that will probably be how it is worn (or maybe as above, but with a pin):


Miranda Cable Scarf by Smariek Knits, found on Ravelry
Yarn: Black Pearl Yarns Cashmere in Singapore Smoke, 1 skein (200 yards)
Source: kpixie, as a Christmas present, although I don't see anymore of it there
Needles: Susan Bates US size 7 24" circular needle (to make it more commuter-friendly)
Modifications: I only did three cable crossings instead of four since I only had one skein (CO 40 stitches instead of 52, and just follow all the directions from there) and obviously that made it shorter as well. This yarn was so delicious, but I have to admit I probably won't be buying it again anytime soon. I think baby alpaca is just as soft and much cheaper. It was nice to treat myself (or let Santa treat me) this time, though. It was also nice to bust some more of the stash, even if this one has only been there since Christmas.
I've been working on a lot of other things, but I hate posting in-progress pics (which is really selfish, especially because I love to see others' in progress pics). There has also been some sewing and some embroidery, and some room-cleaning, but nothing so interesting that I can post it. This week should be more productive, since one of my classes is canceled (w00t!)

No comments: