Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Quickie

Just before I head into my three-hour cataloging class. (It's better than the seven-hour records management class I have tomorrow).

A flea market score:



I love that I paid the same as I would have in 1957 (see top right corner). These designs are amazing. I have both Vintage Knits by Sarah Dallas and the Rowan Vintage Knits book, and I love them both dearly, but...I don't know. They're just a little too modern, I guess (which they are). I will definitely be making lots of these sweaters, although probably not with the 100% acrylic yarn advertised throughout the booklet.


And just to prove I have still been knitting:



Sushi Wallet Kit
from kpixie
Needles: Unknown aluminum, US size 10.5
Modifications: None

I love this kit because everything was included except for needles (knitting and a sewing needle for the zipper). I was a little nervous about sewing in the zipper but the instructions are great and the pattern has you knit a little flap for the zipper to sit on. Also, in case you were wondering, this is wallet-sized, not change-purse sized like I thought. I have some yarn left over so I think I will make a matching change purse. I also love that it comes in an actual sushi takeout container.


There has been lots of knitting going on, just not good light for photographing, or I get home too late (after leaving too early) and there is all this annoying school stuff to do. There is one secret project that I can't share with you for awhile, and then there have been the problems. I started the Katharine Vest from the spring '08 Interweave, and then had to frog it when I wasn't following the lace pattern correctly. Then, after successfully working to the armholes, I made the mistake of counting the stitches on one of the lace rows where the stitch count is always off. (Yes, of course it says this in the directions. I read it. Several times.) Luckily I just put it in the knitting basket for a couple of days and had the foresight to count the pattern repeats, which confirmed the fact that, yes, I had been decreasing. All is well now.


Hopefully there will be some good knitting this weekend and I can get the secret project out of the way. Then next weekend is a three-day weekend--I love having an extra day to knit.

No comments: