Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Room with a View


(Actually, our room didn't have a view. But why pay extra for a window room when you can sit and knit on the back deck of the boat?). I took this picture as our cruise ship was leaving the lovely island of Bermuda. I finished a pair of socks (the ones shown above; details to follow) and was harassed (nicely) by Bermudians and cruise ship crew on several occasions for knitting in public. I missed a great opportunity for a Summer of Socks contest picture when I forgot to bring the sock to the Captain's Dinner, where we had our picture taken with the captain of the ship. How great would it have been to have the ship captain holding my sock?



I had a great time but I was so excited to come home to my room full of yarn. Seven days on a ship with just one pair of socks to work on can get kind of monotonous.

1 comment:

Kate Linnea Welsh said...

Welcome home! That's a great idea about a sock picture with the captain... hmmm.... Maybe have to steal that one. :)