Sunday, October 26, 2008

Happy Socktober and Halloween, too

I actually finished this scarf a few weeks ago and just forgot to blog it. It's Ysolda's Skull Illusion Scarf and I love it. It started out as the Alien Illusion Scarf from Stitch'n Bitch, but once I found the skull one I had to have it (most of my belongings must be covered in skulls. It gives me street cred ;)


Here is a photo of the "wrong" side, which I originally thought was the "right" side:




Skull Illusion Scarf by Ysolda Teague
Yarn: Brown Sheep Nature Spun Worsted, one skein each neon green and black (not the actual color names)
Source: Stash! (originally from Patternworks)
Needles: US Size 6 24" circular needle (knit back and forth; it's just easier to work with circs when commuting)
Modifications: None
Soundtrack/Movies/TV: Project Runway marathons, The Best of Blondie



If you look closely and know what you are looking for, you can just make out the skull and crossbones shape on the right side.



Happy Socktober! My first bloggable pair of Soctober socks:



I have finished another pair and hope to finish at least one more, but both are presents that must be kept hidden for awhile. I was trying to design a sock pattern for this yarn, but then I read this post over at SouleMama and I thought, this beautiful hand-dyed yarn would be great just as a pair of regular ol' socks. I'm proud of myself for busting some more of my stash and supporting a local artist.

Pattern: Basic socks from Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles by Cat Bordhi
Yarn: Sereknity Sock Options Falkland Hand-Dyed Sock Yarn in Macintosh, one skein
Source: Stash!
Needles: 2 Addi Turbo US Size 1 24" circular needles
Modifications: Stockinette leg and foot instead of ribbed.
Soundtrack/Movies/TV: Numb3rs, Grey's Anatomy, Moondance by Van Morrison



They are toasty and just perfect. I really admire this dye job--the colors really evoke Mac apples and a beautiful fall day. They were also finished pretty quickly since most of it doesn't require much thinking. Some things to keep in mind when wondering what to do with a skein of beautiful hand-dyed sock yarn...


No comments: