But back to the knitting. I know some of you are saying, "Caitlin, need we remind you of the Summer of Socks? Or in your case, the Summer You Knit Two Measly Pairs of Socks and One Didn't Even Count?" *
I remember. But:
- I was only in school for half of the Summer of Socks, whereas now I am in school for the whole month of October. I do a lot of sock knitting on the bus and in class.
- I love socks + I love October so this = Soctober participation.
- Lots of peeps are getting handknit socks for Christmas. November is cutting it a little close for me, so this is good motivation to do it now.
- No rules! (Not that SoS was entirely rule-ridden)
- It's a great stash-busting exercise
- I am already well-entrenched in sock knitting (at least 3 pairs are on the needles)
*The pair was finished before the Summer of Socks officially started.