Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy November!

Hello! I know it's been awhile since I've posted, but there's been some big stuff going on. We bought a house! I had a birthday! We went to the Common Ground Fair, and I also went on the Wool Arts Tour! And you know, the general everyday life things that interfere with blogging. Also, there seems to be more things to do in fall, my favorite season.

There has been lots of knitting going on, but Blogger is acting funny and insists on rotating my pictures for no reason, so I only have a couple for you today. It's November, so it's a good thing I knit myself some slippers:




These are the Grown Up Booties by Ysolda Teague, from her Whimsical Little Knits booklet. I love this booklet so much I ordered Whimsical Little Knits 2 the second I heard about it. These are knit with some '70s acrylic I had leftover from my Granny Square Afghan. One reason I love this booklet is that the projects are great for using up stash yarn. I plan to knit everything in it--so far I've done Ishbel and the Tiny Shoes in addition to my booties (pictures to come soon). I'm about to start the Ishbel Beret and I've just gotten the second yarn for the Cairn hat and mitts (the first is from my stash, and so is the yarn for the beret).




I hope you had a good Halloween and are enjoying this beautiful day! For some crafty inspiration, check out Craft Leftovers, my (not-so-new) obsession. Kristin Roach has awesome tutorials and lots of great free patterns and recipes!

No comments: