Tuesday, May 13, 2008

NH Sheep and Wool Festival

I love the NH Sheep and Wool Festival. It was the first fiber event I went to after I learned to knit, and even though it was a little bittersweet because I only had $15 to spend, I loved it and have been going ever since. Last night was the last class of the semester, so now I can relax and get back to the important things, like blogging and knitting.

I met up with Katie, Erica, and Linda and we had a great time (how could we not?) Here's the goods:


1.75 lbs of washed Romney roving from a sheep named "Bavaria"

Start Spinning by Maggie Casey (which I have heard excellent things about and I hope it will improve my spinning skills) and a beautiful handmade Bosworth drop spindle. There was an interview with lace-shawl-designer-extraordinaire Evelyn Clark on The Panopticon's blog, and she said she loves her Bosworth drop spindles and prefers them to her wheel, and I want to be just like her when I grow up so I got one too.


More hand-dyed sock yarn from Ball and Skein. I plan to use it for the Summer of Socks, which I signed up for last week. You might remember that I purchased another ball of hand-dyed sock yarn from Ball and Skein last year, and that I have not posted about it since. It will also be part of the Summer of Socks.


The biggest score of all came when I had been at the festival for ten minutes. I got five balls of one of my favorite yarns, Brown Sheep Nature Spun Worsted (the sport weight is great too) for only $15!!! It's a discontinued color, and the label is different from the one they have now, and I could not be more thrilled to have 1200 yards (a sweater's worth!) for $15. I'm thinking something from Fitted Knits or Knitting Nature.
Next up: all the knitting I have been doing in between final projects and stressing out about the end of the semester.



1 comment:

Kate Linnea Welsh said...

Ooh, nice to finally see all your stuff! Can't wait to see how it all knits up. :)